View Single Post
Old 11-05-2015, 05:01 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Thowell,

I know this is frustrating to you and it seems impossible that after 4 years of her suffering that something else is not showing up in her blood work or on the MRI. But in all honesty, her doctors are just repeating what has already been done because that is all that is required of those who strictly practice within the guidelines of what is called medical standard of care. They are not required to go beyond that type of care if they believe they are treating that person within a reasonable and acceptable manner. So a typical journey for a person under this type of care, which is evident of your daughters journey thus far, would be to have her symptoms treated with medication and at some point possibly surgery. Physical therapy may or may not help at this point simply because the root cause of her pain is still unknown.

I'm sorry, I know I sound like a broken record. I feel for your daughter and because of my lengthy career in the healthcare industry, I sincerely encourage you to give serious consideration to seeking help from an Integrative medical professional or a physician who practices Functional Medicine. These are the doctors who will look beyond the routine test results to try an uncover the root cause of her problem.

I wish you and your daughter well. I hope things turn around for the better for her very soon.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by thowell View Post
So I just received a call from nurse at daughters GP office. All blood work tests are normal. MRI shows lack of curvature in neck due to spasms!!! This is the exact same results we received in 2011. No reason as to why she is having constant spasms in her neck.

She is scheduled for Physical Therapy work up on the 5th of December. She has an appointment with Orthopedics next week but I doubt that will be helpful since the MRI shows nothing.

Now I am wondering if she should continue the Gabapentin. She is taking 600mg a day. If we do decide to stop is there a certain way to withdraw her from it?

I am sooooo frustrated!

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (11-07-2015), Dmom3005 (04-25-2016), thowell (11-05-2015)