Thread: Nerve Blocks?
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 12:12 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi! Well to start, I am currently going through the medical marijuana process. I do not wish to inquire with the racing commission in case the answer is unfavorable. I can she's some light (and you are not totally off). I work as a groom at the track. I paddock harness horses. I have been led to believe that it's less likely that I will get tested. It's most often the drivers and the trainers. There has been an epidemic with the drivers taking pain pills. At this point, it's zero tolerance even if you have a script. Same goes for the trainers. Huge fine, drug classes and suspension. They really are not having it. Doesn't matter if you are leading driver in the country or not. That being said, I am going to go through the process and see what happens. The pain is so unbearable. Beyond. I am turning into a different person with this. I am off the cymbalta and the nuerontin too though. So yes, it kind of should be about the horse, but it isnt. Each track has their own guidelines and some are so strict and crazy. They send undercover people to watch out for horse trailers at nearby rest stops in case they are injecting the horse. I don't feel sorry for those people though, we work 8 days a week to produce athletes, not drugged up animals. Things are so bad though that I have to constantly throw vitamins out the window because you can't have loose pills in your pocket or the truck. We are subject to search at all times. Honestly, I would be ok if I couldn't paddock. Its just that things are progressing so fast and I have trouble with absolutely everything. My limbs are so painful and weak. I just want to hold on to my life for as long as I can. I see it all slipping away. Maybe the power tools will help me with floating teeth. I extracted one wolf tooth today and thought I was going to die. Love the runners, I worked as a hot walker in high school.
Equine Dentist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote