View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 02:48 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Do you think your problem is related to being dizzy or to something else?

I know that mine is a learned response because when my balance issues were at their worst it seems I changed the way I walk so that I don't fall. My feet are wider apart and I have a lot of problems with my feet now and also my calf muscles because I appear to be using muscles differently just to balance.

I also found a Webinar from the Vestibular Disorders Website in youtube. It's not directly associated with gait but it may be of interest to you since you mention dizziness.

>>> warning - the volume is really high on the video below. You'll need to turn it down. Ouch!

Concussion and Dizziness: How Are They Related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAgPtJ4crDw

Vestibular.org have some articles about gait.
If you type vestibular.org gait into your search engine it will bring up many varied articles including ones regarding vestibular therapy, gait analysis etc..

p.s. when I walk I try to focus on an object straight ahead of me so that I don't have too much head movement. I used to wear progressive lense glasses and i was moving my head up and down and too and fro just to see where I was walking and that made my balance much, much worse. I got rid of those and that helped me a lot as long as I keep focus on an object or mark straight ahead.

Last edited by Lara; 11-06-2015 at 04:12 AM. Reason: added warning about volume on webinar
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote