Thread: Please Read
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 02:55 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Please Read

Hi all,

I've posted on here previously and just wanted to seek your counsel once again. I am a teenager, of college age and have had the symptoms of CRPS for exactly 2 years now. I was diagnosed a couple months after during a hospitalization and have only started to get real procedures done as I FINALLY have a legitimate pain management team behind me. I had a nerve block more than a month ago, like originally posted about, and it worked in reducing the burning and shocking pain in my left leg by almost half for less than a week. This was as good as could be expected after such a delay in getting the first line of treatment other than medicine and went better than I thought. Thinking back, I couldn't believe how much relief I got even for that short amount of time and maybe shouldn't have been counting every minute and putting all that bad energy in my body haha. However, soon afterwards, my sensation started moving further up to my hip. I'm taking Lyrica, still sleeping late because of all this and not improving in pool therapy or walking wise. I can't step on my foot or stretch anymore without triggering the shaking of limbs.. My PM head has put forth the possibility of a spinal cord stimulator, one I imagine would take place in December, after not even wanting to bring it up earlier in summer out of fear of getting ahead of ourselves. We might try a few more injections but it feels like delaying the inevitable. What are y'all's feeling on this? I've been researching for a month and it doesn't seem like many of you on here like it along with a few patient videos and testimonials, especially for younger people like me. What negative effects, other than not working obviously, can the SCS have? Will it limit me anymore than I already am and what are some questions you want me to ask my doctor the next time I see him next week? There doesn't seem to be much left that I haven't tried other than ketamine infusion and low dose naltrexone - what else am I missing? Again, it's been two years with this disease and I can hear the clock practically ticking on chances at remission. I at least want to get my mobility back soon, and I know how much of an uphill battle that is with my only success coming in a brief stay at inpatient rehab, I'm trying to do without after bad experiences. I've seen incredible support for the youth on the forums recently and am hoping for similar luck with this thread! Thank you in advance for each of your contributions!
newyorkmets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (11-07-2015)