View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 03:14 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default a root canal i didnt know about!

i had to go to dentist the other day, and found out i had a root canal done, without my knowledge! long story, but dental school trainee stuffed up a routine filling, drilled to the centre of my tooth, later i went to get it fixed in uk, dentist said i might need a root canal, and then did one without my knowledge- or consent as far as i know, all that aside, it wasnt done properly, a fraction of root remained, and an infection still exists at the base of the tooth...i had an xray, the root filling doesnt go all the way to the tooths base...also part of the filling has come out...it is a maxillary second premolar on the right side of my jaw...

I am considering my options now but thinking to get the tooth extracted, but what about the infection at the base of the tooth, what can i do to prepare before extraction and what can i do to help healing after?

Also what are the options afterward- could extraction cause slumping of the face? What are your thoughts on implants are they safe?

I am an otherwise healthy woman in early thirties, but am aware this could be causing serious health issues, underlying and potentially longer term...the root canal has been in place for just over a year....
agardener is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote