View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 06:17 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Neurotin and lyrica interfere with brain synapses. ( I think in my case neurotin and pain have caused my slower brain-I hope to be off N by next year) https://painkills2.wordpress.com/201...rain-synapses/

All the meds, especially ones taken at higher doses have issues.

Please forgive me for asking this, but why stay on meds if they aren't helping and may be causing other issues? I noticed that some posters here are taking lots of drugs, but are not getting much relief. When I first posted I was upset that many had doctors willing to give so many meds, while my doctors gave me virtually nothing by comparison. And I have also noticed that no one asks why some of the posters take so many meds-including topicals if they aren't helping.

My parents lived to be 87 and 93. Despite having Parkinson's my mother was mentally sharp until the day she died and I believe it was because she took only one drug, supplements and probiotics. My father deteriorated mentally after taking too many meds IMO. When I was taking care of him I was not medically savvy. I accepted that he needed 2 giant pills dispensers and did not know about the negative effects of polypharmacy. Now that I do, I want to avoid becoming a member of the polypharmacy club.

A good workout for the brain is an app called elevate.
BioBased is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluekrikit (11-06-2015), DejaVu (11-08-2015), Littlepaw (11-06-2015), megsmountain (11-07-2015), Russell (11-06-2015)