Thread: Dr. Paneri
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 11:44 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default On Sinemet

Thanks for the info. Just put on Sinemet 3x's daily 25/100 and trying to define terms and understand the chemistry too. Another gentlemen mentioned an agonist also pramipexole - Mirapex. it is all so overwhelming but I image everyone here feels the same. Any suggestions - was on Azilect initially with primidone. After a week switched to Sinemet. Some relief.
Thank you!
Ellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
keep in mind that LURKING also takes an agonist and carbidopa/levodopa (sinemet) which will give different results than just taking mucuna by itself. without the carbidopa, most of the l-dopa will break down before it gets to your brain and form dopamine which may cause nausea and can't pass the blood brain barrier, that's why we take l-dopa, not dopamine. i'm not saying don't try it but you need to know a little bit about the chemistry here.
my impression is most people use mucuna as an adjunct to C/L. L-DOPA was first derived from mucana and i think fava beans before it was synthesized.

i wouldn't expect any better treatment of tremor from mucana but you have nothing to lose.

Last edited by Jomar; 11-06-2015 at 12:05 PM. Reason: fix quote tag
Ellis Mae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote