View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 03:37 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Another question . .

Hi there. I have posted on here before and mentioned intermittent weakness as part of my SLE/UCTD picture. I totally get that I don't fit any one CTD properly and I manage my symptoms fairly well (I've had plenty of practice!) however, I am unnerved following the most recent set of Lung Function tests. I am tested every few months - basic spirometry is low normal but stable, as are lung volumes and DLCO. Mouth & sniff pressure tests (resp strength) are dwindling steadily and are now less than half of what they should be. I am very short of breath and working hard to pull the air in but I remain pretty fit and active. I am almost off the prednisolone and take Mycophenolate & Hydroxychloroquine. EMG and extensive tests for muscle wasting conditions have all been normal and I am passed between 2 Rheumatology depts and a Respiratory dept because no-one knows what's causing what. CT shows areas of old infection but otherwise unremarkable. I am worried about this deterioration and would welcome any thoughts. Thanks for reading. Clare 😊
Clareb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote