Thread: Please Read
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 07:10 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi NewYork,

I am sorry you didn't get more than a few days relief out of the blocks. It is such a disappointment when we try something and find it doesn't break the cycle. And yet, we must try and hope nonetheless.

SCS is a very individualized decision and I feel must be based on what you feel comfortable with and how a trial goes. I personally wouldn't get one but I scar everything down to a degree that really shocks my reconstructive surgeon.

There is a subforum on these if you haven't looked at it already.
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forum118.html

The problems would be scarring, infection, committing to something that can effect getting MRI in the future, pain and recovery, need for future surgery etc. Then having your body potentially adapt to it so it doesn't work long term. That said, many people get pain relief from them and recent research has focused on implanting them earlier in the course of disease instead of later to better effect. I would recommend trawling around on Google Scholar for articles on CRPS and SCS.

Do loads of research before making a decision and please don't let yourself feel rushed by the looming end of December. You may feel it best to try ketamine and LDN first or to go ahead with a trial. Only you know what is best for you. There are many options out there and the different types have pros and cons as far as convenience, ease of use and size of implanted device. There is even a wireless one now inserted via needle which says it doesn't interfere with MRI. The technology is changing all the time. Be sure you know what is available to you.

No matter what you decide I hope you get relief soon. Please come tell us what happens.
Sending hugs and healing love,

Shine Your Bright Light

Last edited by Littlepaw; 11-06-2015 at 07:41 PM.
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (11-07-2015), DejaVu (11-07-2015), Enna70 (11-09-2015), newyorkmets (11-10-2015)