View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 11:45 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyt View Post
i'm still in my battle with the medication gabapentin and feel awful upon waking. I'm currently at 1200mg/day looking to titrate down.

Can anyone explain how i would know a seizure from withdrawal symptoms from overstimualtion and other pcs symptoms. This medication has been far from ideal. I had no seizure activity prior to going on this medication was at a low dose of 300 mg only a few months back.
hi dah, im hammer and i am also epileptic.. So i think i understand what you are asking..

You are asking how you would know if you were having a seizure due to drug withdraw, correct?

Well, a petite mal usually effects a specific body part, where as a grand mal, of which i battle, from what i have been told, my body begins to shake and then tighten up in which i profusely sweat and become unconscious..

Additionally, other things happen during my sleep.

The neurontin (gabapentin) of which you either have or are taking, is an extremely low dose.. 3oo per day, or for that matter, 300 3x a day, is still very low. My neurologist has prescribed me 4800 mg of gabapentin a day which is one of three drugs that i take.

The above medicine may result in some minor body or more specifically, muscle jerking.. That is normal.

If you are detoxing from a narcotic, then from what i have researched, similiar muscle jerks could happen during detox along with other, horribly, described symptoms.

In my opinion, if the chemical reaction that occurs during detox of a drug results in drug seeking activities then please get to your doctor to discuss options on how to relieve your symptoms and possibly talk with a counselor best wishes dan and god bless

hammer
Hamer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote