View Single Post
Old 11-07-2015, 12:37 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I've been on gabapentin for 15 years, at 1200 mgs then 900 mgs in a single dose for a good part of those 15 years. Been on 600 mgs every night for 8 years or so. I take it for twitches that happen when I sleep.

I can understand the risks when it is taken for a seizure disorder but that is not why DannyT takes it. He takes it for headaches at the original concussion site and perhaps to aid in his anxiety and OCD symptoms. So, it sounds like it was prescribed for neuropathic pain. He has only been taking it since June.

DannyT,

Would you be trying to taper off if you had not read the post about its reduction on synapse neurogenesis ?

As I said, that risk is in young children when their brains are growing. At 26, your brain has very little neurogenesis anymore. Plus, it only slows the rate of synapse neurogenesis. It does not stop it. It is also at the high doses used for serious seizure disorders. You have never taken more that 25% of the max dose.

As a chem eng major, you have the aptitude to understand these issues. Please don't let your OCS/anxiety prevent you from understanding the issues at hand.
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote