View Single Post
Old 11-07-2015, 02:40 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioBased View Post
Spike,

I noticed when I was first lurking here that there were people who listed lots of drugs, but who were still in pain asking posters about other treatments. I wondered about the ineffectual polypharmacy. Maybe this jumped out at me, because I was treated like an addict and not given much. I mean really, one doctor said he might give me topical lidocaine-" maybe in a few weeks."

Deepak Chopra made a statement that two drugs used in the right combo equal four. Unfortunately, not all PM doctors understand CRPS the way he does.

I don't want to hijack this thread and get off topic, but I think we all need to be aware that polypharmacy may cause us other problems.
Nah, you aren't hijacking anything. Our disease is a very serious one, and so are the medications that doctors prescribe to us to take to help with our pain. Even super star athletes have gotten addicted to pain killers over the years. When I first was diagnosed with CRPS, I told my doctor that I did not want to take anything that would make me addicted to them. She did an excellent job of educating me on the difference between being dependent on a drug and being addicted to it. I learned a lot from her. The patients in the area of the country where I live, lost a great doctor, when she stepped away from her practice, because the paper work for SSI, Disability Insurance, and Medicare started to pill up in recent years. Not all doctors are great ones.
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (11-07-2015), DejaVu (11-08-2015)