View Single Post
Old 11-07-2015, 09:40 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I get that same pain....in my left foot. This foot had a very invasive surgery 50yrs ago or so, to remove a tumor. That foot has not been the same since.

When I flex that foot now, going up stairs or whatever else similar I can get a huge pain in the ankle like you describe.
I have a reactive instep now, and have to wear open shoes, or athletic shoes loosely tied, with a very cushioned tongue flap.

My foot doctor took Xrays of it and showed me several spurs
on it. I do have long standing neuropathy and also arthritis.

I think you should go to a good podiatrist and get an expert opinion with Xrays. Don't jump into a surgical suggestion, though, as I think any damage to the foot, becomes lifelong for many people.

There are topical products that may work when you have a flare.
A good one to try is the new Aspercreme/Lidocaine. This can help reduce pain, applied topically.

http://www.aspercreme.com/pain-relie...lidocaine.html

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Patrick Winter (11-07-2015), zkrp01 (11-07-2015)