View Single Post
Old 11-07-2015, 10:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Change is always hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffman View Post
Since the onset of the heart attack followed by the Small Fiber Neouropathy disease I have not set foot in the local diner until this morning. It was nice yet also very different. I look fine, walk fine but feel so disconnected to everyone that can walk & use their hands without any pain. The acceptance of whom I am now is going to take a long time. Of course everyone is different but I'm having a terrible time getting used to this and honestly don't want to. Any sage advise on how to adjust and feel happy being alive?

I had dreams and plans for myself just like anyone and now they are all gone. Not sure what to do..........

Thanks....

Cliffman
If you don't want to get used to the new conditions, it could be that you are not ready yet. Physical as well as mental changes have their own timeline. Neuropathy is a great teacher of patience. If you survived a heart attack and you are still walking around you have at least two things to feel fortunate about. Acceptance in itself is an admission that you are going to be different. Try to believe that your symptoms are going to change over time and what you are experiencing right now may not be way you are going to end up. Trials and tribulations are good proving grounds to see if you are mostly pessimist or optimist. You are still early in this struggle, so don't beat yourself up. Patience will come slowly and slowly you will cope. Good Luck, Ken in Texas.
zkrp01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Cliffman (11-07-2015), glenntaj (11-08-2015), mrsD (11-07-2015), Patrick Winter (11-07-2015), pinkynose (11-07-2015), SU30boy (11-09-2015)