View Single Post
Old 11-07-2015, 10:40 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Agardener,

I understand that you feel you were deceived by not being informed prior to the dentist doing the root canal. Unfortunately, this is a common occurrence for people all over the world, not just in the UK.

Some other people that have posted on this forum are also from the UK. Many of which for various reasons have sought private dental care rather than going through the NHS. So if you wanted to go that route, perhaps you could seek an oral surgeon who is private practice.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by agardener View Post
Thanks for your informative reply,

I was quite upset to find i had a root canal done without my consent- I actually said to my dentist prior to the xray- of the tooth in question- that a root canal was not likely to be an option I would choose, only to discover one had already been performed.

In regards to tooth extraction, I live in the UK, how do I go about getting an oral surgeon, would they exist on the NHS, perhaps I would be better asking my dentist?

In any case thanks again for the reply

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote