View Single Post
Old 11-07-2015, 02:06 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyNYC View Post
Oh then my take is that it's totally anxiety. My initial TBI was in August, and like you, I sought out a lot of help from this Forum which has honestly been a blessing (Sometimes a curse when I read too much and worry myself).

What would happen to me is people wouldn't seem real, the environment would just seem off - couldn't completely put my finger on it, but definitely off. Another member on here, qtipsq, suggested an excellent video:

https://www.ted.com/talks/jane_mcgon...fe?language=en

I personally found relief in it because she is this wildly successful woman, experiencing the same daunting **** as me! It was nice to see that she overcame it and gave me a little...tiny...smidge of light at the end of the tunnel. Honestly, your biggest battle going through this will be against yourself. I strongly believe it's anxiety worsening the symptoms for you.

What has helped you in the past deal with stress inducing situations? Seriously.. this might be a little cheesy, but...Do you like to write? Meditate?

As far as going for a walk around the block, my suggestion is try to be with someone. It is a helpful distraction to keep you from focusing on feeling so off, plus it will give you encouragement to get out of the house.
Well im not the biggest writter.n never tried meditation.but I might give it a try.so you would so you would say the thoughts are worsend by anxiety n thats why it seems so real? N my body trys to beleive it even though I try to be rational?
Ghostwatts is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote