View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 02:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question Is this a concern? Spencer's eyes

As you may or may not recall, Spencer had surgery to correct "alternating esotrophia" January 2003. The Ophthalmologist stated that people with Neuro issues tend to have recurring eye muscle issues.

His eyes have been great since then. I noticed recently as he is learning to read that sometimes he holds the paper close to his face. Ok, so he may need glasses, no big deal.

This morning I was talking to him and noticed that while his right eye continued to look at me; the left eye "floated upwards to look at the ceiling".

Kevin's left eye kind of does that when he gets tired. Kevin had surgery to correct crossing when he was 5 yo. I don't know how old Kevin was when his left eye started doing it's own thing. He doesn't remember. I sent a note to my MIL asking.

I haven't ever seen him do this. When he has an eye rolling seizure, they both track upwards together. I wouldn't think this was a seizure.

It is 3.5 years since surgery. That is a really long time for the brain, eyes, and muscles to decide to go wanky, isn't it?

Your thoughts? Your concerns?

We have a follow-up with the Ophthalmology Oct 31st.
Beck is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote