View Single Post
Old 11-07-2015, 06:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Interesting topic.

My PCP has been fine with filling out any paperwork. He also has the benefit of a large support staff to help with all tasks. I appreciate all he and his staff do for me.

I think these types of added tasks are more difficult for smaller practices, as the doctors are usually already pressed to the max. I don't mean to overly generalize, yet just an observation from different types of practice settings/styles.

Years ago, my disability insurer was trying to force me to take a low-ball settlement. A part of their game was to start asking for paperwork every 2 months, instead of annually. I typed a letter to my PCP, telling him of their tactics, apologizing for their harassment of him, and told him to bill them for his time. (If he billed them and they did not pay, at least theoretically, their bill would go to collections.)

I had copied the letter to the insurer when the paperwork was completed and returned. The insurer then placed a notice on all of their paperwork, stating they were not responsible for payment for the completion of any paperwork.

The insurer had also stopped playing that game, immediately thereafter.

I do believe the paperwork issue is becoming a bigger issue. Doctors I see have to steal time out of their schedule to finish appointments, as it is. I know my PCP goes in, often, on his day off, to finish up paperwork, etc.

I'd hope a doctor would bill for time to fill out paperwork before simply refusing to fill out paperwork. I know billing may create a hardship as well, yet at least the paperwork gets done and disability claims are kept up-to-date, etc.

I am looking forward to reading more posts on this topic.

Warmly,
DejaVu

DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (11-08-2015)