View Single Post
Old 11-07-2015, 07:28 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Spike- View Post
I was in to see one of my doctors today. We talked about a growing trend in the medical community. It seems doctors are growingly reluctant to do the paperwork for things like Disability Insurance Claims, Insurance Claims, Medicare, SSI, etc. The reason he gave is that the amount of paperwork over the years has simply multiplied for doctors. So, they are still providing the care but not helping patients, who are trying to pay for the care or help them by filling out the paper so their disability claims requirements are met, so they can collect from the claims with their insurance companies. He said that this is a growing trend, and it is going to continue to get tougher for patients to convince their doctors to do the paperwork for them. In this doctors opinion, some doctors feel that they have little choice. They either holistically stop filling out the papers for everyone, or they must leave their practice, because it is simply getting to be way too much for them to handle.

Has anyone else heard or experienced any of this before? I found it enlightening.
Hi Spike, all my doctor's (now) charge an extra fee of anywhere from $15-$50 to fill this paperwork out as it can be time intensive for them. The patient pays for this out of pocket, it's not something insurance will pay for. Hope that helps.
megsmountain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (11-08-2015), DejaVu (11-08-2015)