View Single Post
Old 11-07-2015, 07:57 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I agree Biobased. Meds have a HUGE impact on mental (and other) functions. When I was first diagnosed with CRPS over 10 years ago I felt like a guinea pig with all the meds I was on. Lyrica was one of the worst, making me feel "dumb and slow", when my husband pointed out that I was definitely not as intellectually there as usual, couldn't drive, could barely get off the couch, and had gained 30 pounds (husband didn't point the last 3 out), I really reconsidered all the meds.

You have to weigh the costs verses the benefits of all meds. I stopped Lyrica, and yes have some certain types of pain because of it, but it was one of the best medicine decisions I've ever made.

This may be difficult for some to understand, but you have to live with being in some pain if you live with having CRPS. If you are ever complexly pain free for anything more than short periods (unless you've received a special treatment), you are most likely taking too many meds (or you are very lucky!). I would rather live with some pain (sometimes a lot) and still be able to be "mentally with it" and just try and function the best I can. Some days, taking a shower is a victory. Other days I'm doing much better. On really bad days I may make a list that literally only says "take a shower", so after I complete the task, I can cross it off my list and feel as if I've accomplished something that day.
megsmountain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (11-08-2015), DejaVu (11-08-2015), Littlepaw (11-08-2015)