View Single Post
Old 11-07-2015, 10:52 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Anxious question - apologies in advance

I want to apologize in advance because I realize this question is driven a large part by my anxiety. I have been able to handle it well for the last week or so, but it all came crashing today when I went for a long drive alone.

Question - My latest recovery was very short lived, less than 1 day on October 1st, when overstimulation caused a total relapse and return of full blown symptoms. I constantly feel an insane pressure headache, complete inability to think clearly and a blockage in emotional awareness, and the symptoms have not gotten better at all in a month. I am just afraid of the permanence of this due to the complete lack of change in a month.

Is there any reason for me to fear this might be permanent? Has anyone had a long stretch of plateauing followed by improvement? I realize time is the big healer but each day that I feel no improvement just scares me more and more. I know self-diagnosis is stupid and bad, but I read an article about the energy cascade following a concussion, which mentioned something about overstimulation and setbacks possibly leading to programmed cell death.

Thanks, and sorry again I realize this is an anxiety fueled question but any kind of answers will help cuz I'm freaking out.
hermanator90 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote