View Single Post
Old 11-08-2015, 02:13 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

WC is a nightmare for docs in CA (as well as many others). Paperwork is generated in mass volumes to discourage docs and patients from requesting meds and/or procedures. My last doc decided to stop treating WC patients because it was costing him too much overhead. My current doc has a few WC patients and won't accept anymore.

Regarding SSI/SSDI, there is a major misconception from claimants and many doctors about their input into a patient's claim. Saying the patient is disabled or can't work means nothing to SS. What SS does care about is the medical documentation of the patient's functional limitations, side effects from meds, long term prognosis, etc. Claimants are approved all the time without anything more than copies of their regular medical documents. Once in a while I'll hear that a doctor's office refuses to even forward medical records and that is a real problem. Anyone applying for SSI/SSDI should really do their homework about what's needed before applying. Since RSD/CRPS is not a Listed Impairment in the SS Blue Book, and because our symptoms and severity, and how frequently we can experience changes in those things, can make it easier for some and much more difficult for others to be approved.

BTW, it's not at all uncommon for a claimant to file for SSI/SSDI thinking they'll be approved with little to no documentation and then attempt to find a doctor once they realize they need it to prove they qualify. This is of particular issue in some parts of the country where application rates are much higher than the norm.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (11-08-2015), DejaVu (11-08-2015), Littlepaw (11-08-2015), NurseKris (11-08-2015)