View Single Post
Old 11-08-2015, 04:48 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Dating with PCS?

I'm about 16 months out from my car accident. My physical injuries from the accident are healed up, but I have ongoing PCS, and for the last 4months or so, have had a bit of a downturn. My physiatrist and ND suspect endocrine issues, but my endo's booked til January. I'm still working full time, and for the most part I function pretty OK. Biggest problems are executive function issues, fatigue, and sleep issues. Going without sleep for awhile or lots of stress affects my mood pretty badly, but I mostly try to keep positive.
At the time of my accident, I was involved with someone in a long-distance relationship. I had thought it was serious, but it was pretty obvious that even after I described things going on with me, he didn't really understand how much the TBI was affecting me. Eventually, we broke up. His lack of compassion and concern played a big part. We had originally talked about it being a long-term thing, but obviously didn't manage to stay together through this, even at a distance. It makes me very leery of trying to date again.
Has anyone else started dating after their concussion/ TBI? If so, when do you bring it up? How have people reacted? I don't want to be a burden. I'm not looking for someone to take care of me. I guess I'm afraid of general pre-conceived ideas about people with TBIs.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk
AlmaVera is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote