View Single Post
Old 11-08-2015, 08:45 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Oh boy do I understand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffman View Post
I don't know if it's the Gabapentin or me but I feel angry this morning and in denial. I have only been on the Gaba a few days at 100mg 3x daily. My thoughts are that If I can not live the way I did before the SFN than I don't want to be here at all. I feel groggy and out of sorts. Sorry, I don't want to bring anyone down but I have to be honest about my emotions with those that can understand.

Cliffman
My thoughts are similar to another poster who suggested you go slower building up Gabapentin to 3 times a day. I take 300mg Gabapentin at night only (with dinner.) When I first started the drug about 4 months ago, just going from 100mg to 200mg affected me badly. Besides the bloating the next day I felt I was 2 steps behind everyone else. I have always loved my sharp-witted brain and I became very depressed and angry. In 2 weeks I went to 300mg and I woke up the next day very groggy and depressed. I went back to 200mg, but after a week of poor sleep I tried again. It took about 2 more weeks, but my body adjusted and the fog has lifted.

I retired a little over a year ago and I had it all planned out. I waited until I was 66 so I could get full social security and be on Medicare. I was having the most wonderful time doing things I loved for about 6 months. Then out of nowhere this hit. If people looked at me now and saw my blood test results they would not suspect a thing. Angry, depressed, feeling sorry for myself, not wanting to live this way were all thing I have felt.

Through due diligence on my part by finding the right people to help me, continuously researching, being on this forum, taking the supplements that work for me, eating foods that help with inflammation and cutting down on the ones that contribute to it (sugar, etc.) I have improved. I now have a better understanding of most of my triggers and it is up to me to avoid them or pay the consequences which helps take me out of the victim role. This phase of my life isn't the way I had planned it to be, but it's better than it was 8 months ago and definitely better than other options.
pinkynose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (11-09-2015), Cliffman (11-08-2015), madisongrrl (11-08-2015), Patrick Winter (11-08-2015), zkrp01 (11-08-2015)