View Single Post
Old 11-08-2015, 10:46 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Mark, thanks. I know it's stupid. I need to find things to stay busy. I plan on getting off NT but the sliver of hope that I continue to move forward on keeps getting rocked by anxiety. Coupld you please answer - Would any dead cells have shown up on the MRI? My MRI was clear. I just fear that the number of setbacks (9) I have had from the one injury before fully recovering in the last 7 months might be too many. It's never taken this long without any improvement.

The pressure headaches build over the course of the day. They get stronger if I try to access the thinking that I feel is blocked off. I have been taking magnesium oxide and riboflavin for the headaches (taking all the other supplements you listed as well).

You're right, 1 day was not a recovery but it was the first day in about a month that felt like the fog was lifted. And I remember the exact moment while talking that I felt an overload and exhaustion due to thinking, and literally felt like I got knocked in the head again because all of the fog, exhaustion, and blockage began to return.

If could just think like my old self, without even being able to communicate, I would be OK. Its the complete blockage from my self and my personality that makes moving forward so difficult. I have an appt. at Dr. Cantu's Concussion Center at Emerson Hospital on November 23rd. Will hope to know more by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
"but I read an article about the energy cascade following a concussion, which mentioned something about overstimulation and setbacks possibly leading to programmed cell death." It sure does not sound like you are subjecting yourself to over-stimulation.

If you continue to keep looking for information, especially by googling, you will prevent any improvement. You will likely be able to find many articles that sound dreadful. I've read many of them, too. But, as I read them, I find that they have very limited application because the study parameters were very narrow so as to look at a limited aspect of concussions. There is an old saying, "The devil is in the details."

Many on NT have taken an extended time away from NT and researching on the internet to just try to do something. It does not need to be a career effort. It helps to just do something to stay busy. There are many non-overstimulating ways to stay busy.

btw, 1 day was not a recovery. It was just a good day when a number of factors came together at the same time. You sound like you are beating yourself up for the over-stimulation. Many of us can tell you there is no rhyme or reason to most relapses. It is the roller coaster of PCS.

What are you doing to reduce your headache pain ? Headaches alone can be a big cause of other symptoms.

Last edited by hermanator90; 11-08-2015 at 11:03 AM.
hermanator90 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote