View Single Post
Old 11-08-2015, 10:59 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Paperwork has become almost a 4-letter word in the medical field. We (in the US) live in such a lawsuit happy country that we are taught to document everything to avoid being sued and in case you ever do end up in a legal situation your notes will help rather than hurt. There were days that I felt I spent more time on charting than time spent with my actual patients.

I agree with Lit Love about the amount of paperwork associated with WC is ridiculous. I keep copies of everything pertaining to my case including appointment summaries, radiology reports and any legal paperwork. I now have a large plastic tote to hold everything.

With regards to SSI/SSDI I was initially declined (as are the majority of people) but my WC lawyer is now handling my appeal. It made sense since he already had copies of my medical records. I had asked about letters from my treating physicians and he said not to waste my time because they usually don't even read them.

To go back to my original point about medical paperwork I would talk to your doctor and see if they would give a reason. I would not be surprised for them to say time is the biggest issue. I have not run into this issue as a patient but have dealt with it many times as a nurse.
NurseKris is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (11-08-2015)