Thread: B12
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 02:57 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default B12

Hello I have crohn's, and had surgery to remove my TI many years ago. My body does not seem to absorb B12 at all from oral supplements. I still take a B12 complex daily, and I seem to do ok with absorbing other B vitamins just not B12.

I am having problems with B12. At the very least I have to take an Injection once a week or I have severe issues. Lately I am noticing that this is not enough. I do exercise, lift weights, and I am very active.

I am currently injecting 1000mcg aka 1ml daily for the past 3 days. My symptoms are improving dramatically, rapidly, and basically I feel so much better. It is rather unbelievable, and I don't know how to really explain it.

After reading through some threads here I started taking my potassium supplement again. Potassium Chloride 20meq once daily.

I have been using cyanocobalamin, and my only concern is that I am taking too much.

My g.i. doctor has been no help, but has no problem prescribing me however much I want. I have seen other doctors about this, but have found nobody to be knowledgeable on the subject. My last test showed my level to be around 2000. My Hemoglobin is 168 g/L. My hematocrit is .52 L. My creatinine is 132.6 umol/L.

Before I started doing daily injections my problems were a red beefy tongue. I have a trail on the side that looks like an ulcer sort of, and sometimes it hurts sometimes it is ok. I also have a white coating on my tongue that is not yeast. Anxiety, depression, and mild psychosis check. After doing the injections my problems completely disappear, except for the tongue which I suspect will take much longer, or could be related to another vitamin deficiency such as Vitamin A, and the white coating on my tongue which I have been told is geographic tongue. I have also started taking Beta Carotene.

After reading more information I am seeing that it says on the little pamphlet inside the box of 25 single 1ml vials that I can do injections of 100mcg daily instead of the full 1000mcg. I am wondering if this would provide the same benefits, and if anyone else has tried doing this?
Late is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote