View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 02:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default supplements for FM and sleep- magnesium

Thanks to everyone for your responses to my inquires on suplements for sleep. What a wonderful group- I am thrilled that you are responding. On the previous forum I was able to participate only for a brief period of time - then computer gliches knocked me out. So glad to be back.
I remember working with you before , Mrs. D. You e mailed me re: info on MP and mentioned that your suffered with it also. Mine is at a tolerable level. However, in trying to get treatment for it I ended up with more problems. They gave me an epidural which caused severe, chronic lower back pain. They say I have both FM and RSD now in my back.
Abit of my story: FM or myofasical pain(who knows) started in 1984 as a result of a dental procedure which stretched my masseter muscles. This caused pain in teeth initially and then spread to face, eye area, head, ear, etc. I did extensive research and found a wonderful dentist who treated me with TP injections which provided some relief. I continue to get injections throughout my entire upper area region - including neck, throat, digastric, etc. The injections contAIN steroids and I get them frequenrly. The pain is everywhere. Any time I am traumatized ex. Dr. pulled my toes as part of an exam- had to get TPs in feet for pain caused by the trauma. Dr. pulled my thumb - pain spread up entire arm and into other arm. Once again more TP's. It never ends. Also any invasive or non invasive treatment precipitates pain. EX: acupunture - needle in head caused severe headaches - once again TP's needed in head for many weeks. This one will really surprise you - cold laser therapy (didn't even touch me - just waved a wand over me) triggered off pain in hands and feet.
You obviously get the idea. My Central Nervous System and every other system is really abnormal. I have severe allodynia as well.
All meds for pain are useless- I have tried them all - including morphine, methadone, etc. (about 30). I am polymorphic and do not rerspond to pain meds.
Mrs. D. asked about my meds. The only thing I take is 6mg. xanex to sleep and once in a while seroquel when the pain is out of sight. The magnesium I am taking is oral 300mg.Behind the word magnesium it says (citrate elemental). (from Lifetime Co.) Also, included in this product is calcium(citrate 600mg, vit d 400. I also take at nite - MYO MAG .It has mag.(100mg.) and malic acid (440mg)in it. He said to take 3 a night.
Can't type a nymore - arms are aching now from all this typing.
Any ideas for supplements for FM and RSD pain?
thanks,
Sydney
PS I read all the sites you all gave me - thanks
Sydney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote