View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 10:38 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default IPAs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk_Shake View Post
I know this is a bit of a strange request. I have alcoholic responsive dystonia and luckily it responds at a very low tolerance. Beer and malt beverage works great to abort episodes!

I do not want this to taste good though. I tend to go through tasty beverages quickly. So I call upon you to give me your least favorite beer. The more bitter the better.
Fascinating.
I have a very fine tremor which responds to alcohol.
I never knew mine responded to alcohol until the MDs told me. I don't drink much alcohol. I did test their hypothesis and they are correct, the tremor lets up with alcohol intake. However, I am not drawn to alcohol and am truly lucky, as I don't need alcohol interacting with my meds.

I just asked my husband about bitter beer/ales. He agrees with Dave on the IPAs being most bitter. However, around here, the IPAs are also very popular.

I think some stouts are bitter. Yet, I must admit to ignorance.

Just curious, and I hope you don't mind my asking -- does anything else also give you relief? I have myoclonus, myotonias, tremors and ... like to learn whatever I can when the opportunity presents. (I find sodium channel blockers the most helpful to me -- I am trying a somewhat new med, Aptiom, in the same drug class.)

Cheers!
DejaVu

DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Milk_Shake (11-09-2015)