Old 11-09-2015, 10:38 AM
Magnate

8 yr Member
Magnate

8 yr Member
Cool Smirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline2 View Post
Hey kiwi, anyone can do their own searches. Here is one long link on Lemons...

http://realfoodforlife.com/16-health...ine-powerfood/

Did you ever wonder why many restaurants add lemon to the table water.

Years ago before I knew the value of lemons a fellow I worked with said he drank a large glass of warm water with lemon every morning when he got out of bed. That started off his day very good.
Point 5 on this above link, realfoodsforlife.com:

[QUOTE]TO this day, the British Navy requires ships to carry enough lemons so that every sailor can have one ounce of juice a day. This is where the English got their nickname Limeys.[\QUOTE]

If anyone thinks our Flagship, H.M.S. Ocean, carries 108,000 lemons on a 3 month deployment they are deluded. Further, the derogatory term, Limey, came from the practice of English sailors being given LIME juice as limes were more accessible in our Carribean Colonies.

Sloppy myths easily checked. What does that say about the credibility of the rest of the site? I read further and found the vast majority of medically qualified persons who speak out about acid/alkaline body through diet dismiss it unless - as with everything - it is taken to the extreme. The body is a well regulated machine which keeps tight tolerances to ensure healthy function DESPITE what most of us do to it these days.

I acknowledge kiwi's Signature 'Knowledge Is Power', to the compilers of these sites I prefer 'A Little Learning Is A Dangerous Thing'.

Dave.
To the shapes we now possess.

The Sage - Emerson, Lake & Palmer.
EnglishDave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kiwi33 (11-09-2015), Lara (11-10-2015)