Thread: Neuropathy oil
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 03:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Talking Interesting! Thanks for Sharing!

Thanks for sharing, Biobased and Bryanna.

I feel strongly the field of applications for essential oils is one we will be reading more about in time. The science isn't available yet; however, many people who know what they are doing with essential oils, have had good responses for various conditions.

I had trained under an R.N. She was teaching an essential oils course for continuing credits, to other nurses and to allied health professionals. Unfortunately, this was long ago and I have forgotten a lot of information.

I have seen pure (I do mean pure) highland lavender have some very fast and effective anti-inflammatory effects, for instance. I have seen various blends also have potent effects upon various conditions.

I have never felt it fair for people to immediately refer to such effects as a "placebo effect." It's possible someone is experiencing a placebo effect, it's also possible they are not experiencing a placebo effect. (We must keep in mind, a medication or any other approach may have a placebo effect.)

Some argue that essential oils only "comfort" people. Maybe and maybe not. Yet, if so, there's tremendous value in comfort. Comfort often helps to intervene in a worsening state of mind, increasing stress and a medical downward spiral.

I see value in using essential oils if/when anyone finds them helpful in any way.

There are online courses, too, which teach a great deal about the uses of essential oils. It's important to know, for instance, continued skin exposure to a specific oil can eventually cause a sensitization to the oil. Thus, it's important to know how to rotate oils, how to mix them, how to use them, when not to use them, etc.

I so agree with Bryanna on the importance of the quality of the oils. Purity does mean more expensive, however.

I have heard of, and have seen, the amethyst biomats, which are very expensive. I have not heard of the jade mats, until now. I will look them up.

I am very interested in hearing more about your and your sister's experiences, BioBased.

DejaVu

DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (11-18-2015)