View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 05:56 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

dear kiropi,

your post is so touching. i feel your pain. first let me put my arms (and they're pretty ample) around you to give you a hug. a real hug for a whole minute.

i had several thoughts reading your post. i'm sure i'm not in as much pain as you are but i have been in significant pain for many yrs. when i was in denver i had a reputable neurologist who had a ph.d. in pharmacology but he would never be able to help with my pain. one day i really pushed him to give me an answer and i got the best tip of my life. one i'm anxious to pass along. i went to a local rehab hosp in town and asked if they had a pain dr. they did.

i got my neuro to write me a referral and went to see him. in conjunction with a PT regimen he rx'd me some percoset. it changed my life. the PT helped and so did the meds. then i moved to FL. i would consider trying to see a pain dr because they will really do a good eval and try to help you.

you might also consider a 2nd opinion from another neuro. i think your dr isn't doing enuf to serve your needs. does your dr have ancillary staff in her office like a social worker? have you applied for ssdi? i'm so glad you have a therapist because i know how much that can help.

i was 53 when i was dx'd and tried to work another 2 yrs. i was a NICU RN for 35 yrs and lost my career.

could you possibly sell your scooter and put the $$ towards one better suited to you. you might also consider calling your local MS society at 1-800-FIGHT MS. they could direct you to services that might help.

are you taking an antidepressant? they really helped me along with therapy.
it's ok to feel the way you do. it's ok to grieve for all you've lost. you've got a lot on your plate but it sounds like a lot of loving people around you.

i care so please let me know how you are.
You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
--------------------------------------
"DESIDERATA" by Max Ehrmann
NurseNancy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (11-10-2015), barb02 (11-10-2015), DejaVu (11-09-2015), Jappy (11-10-2015), tkrik (11-10-2015)