Thread: Update From Me!
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 03:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Sorry not post again, the morning after that first post I got a phonecall from the hospital saying to be there for my infusion by lunchtime! So that was very short notice to organise everything!

(This was my fourth infusion- first one was Dec 2004. )

I came back home today, and am really exhausted. It went really well. Good news is that my liver is doing perfectly, without any raised levels. I'm really happy about this because it means it won't restrict the possibility of future infusions. Chris (my pain dr) did add in clonidine from day 3 onwards, which REALLY made me out of it. One nurse said I was as high as a kite, but I pointed out that I was at kite level on Saturday, now I was up with the airplanes! So I was pretty spacy most of the day, only a little more normal in the hour before I took the clonidine again! But it seemed to help with my previous infusions so we thought there was no harm in adding to it this time.

As far as pain levels go- I have no pain really in my arm, foot or hand. I have moderate pain in my leg, from ankle to knee, but its stayed at below a 5/10 since Monday, which is SO great. In the week or two before going in, when I had stopped using the patch, I was using both crutches all the time, lots of breakthrough medications (ie short acting ones for flareups) and averaged at 7-9/10 all the time. And my foot was the worst, constantly high. So to have that pain in my foot and toes gone, and my leg just at an aching/slightly burning level, is really good. And just having the option of further ketamine infusions open is fantastic- I was worried this may be my last try.

So we'll just take it one day at a time now and see how it goes. I have new breakthrough meds if I need them, and scripts for my next medication trial (methadone) for when this pain relief ends.

x Kate