View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 09:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up Helping One Another to Discern Truths

Caroline, thanks for this topic.

I've just read through this thread.

I appreciate all of the input. Lots of effort put into this thread.

I am in touch with many alternative practitioners. Unfortunately, this idea is pushed a great deal. When shown the science, which disproves the acid/alkaline diet theories, some just will not let go of the myth. It's very frustrating to show people the science on this and to listen to the continued misrepresentations.

Many people do not understand the way the body balances pH, so they fall subject to these false teachings.

I am very open to new ideas, to new approaches, to new theories and to new scientific findings. However, I feel there must be a balance.

If science proves/disproves any specific theories, I feel it's important to pay attention and if we want to share information... share truths.

What good is it to teach untruths, or ideas which have been specifically disproven by science?

I sometimes touch upon areas which are controversial. If so, these ideas have not been yet disproven, or at least not to my knowledge. I am happy to give up ideas which are proven as untruths. In fact, I want to know if they are truth or untruth... as I want do not want to further untruths.

I am more invested in wanting to know the truth than in holding onto and continuing to teach any given idea. I am looking for the truth, even though, in some areas, the truth is more difficult to discern.

If I hope to have a positive impact in a health-oriented community, or in my own life and with my own health and healing, I must pay attention to evidence-based truths.

I may, someday, post on a topic which I feel/think is true. If someone steps up and shows me the science has proven this idea/theory untrue, I am deeply grateful. Please show me.

I am so glad we can all count upon one another to show one another evidence-based truths when evidence-based truths are available.

Please, friends, help to support me in knowing truths.

Thanks to each participant.

With Gratitude,
DejaVu

DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (11-09-2015), EnglishDave (11-10-2015), glenntaj (11-10-2015), kiwi33 (11-09-2015), Lara (11-11-2015)