Thread: Need help!
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 10:29 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Need help!

I had #14, upper molar removed two weeks ago. It had given me problems back in 2010 and I had a root canal on it. After 8 months of a sinus infection, it had an infection in the root that apparently was in my sinus. After removal, the oral surgeon gave me Augmentin to take for 10 days. Thursday was my last day of the antibiotics and my sinus infection feels like it is getting worse daily. The left side of my neck is very swollen, my left ear is ringing and I am swollen around my eyes. It feels like there is fluid all around. Also, my jaw feels weird on the left side. I went to the oral surgeon today and he did a panoramic and 3D xray. He could see the sinus infection but said it is small. He said he might see a little infection in #15 but wasn't sure. He was baffled by the neck swelling. In 2010 when I had the problem with #14 I also had neck swelling in the same place. He put me on a different antibiotic and said if it doesn't get better than I will need to remove #15, which I guess will be ok because I don't have an opposing tooth there anyways. I feel like I have a giant infection in my body, also I am losing my hair as well. I have noticed that most of the hair loss is on the side of the infection. It is very strange! Has anyone had a similar experience? I am so frustrated and I feel sick all the time.
Angels31 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote