Thread: Statins
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 11:01 PM
N/A

8 yr Member
N/A

8 yr Member

DejaVu, I have not gone to a traditional MD since 1991 and for 10 yrs NEVER getting help with what I believed was a sluggish thyroid. In 2002 my D.O. who worked on my back for years, called in for thyroid on the phone, no labs and that's when it all changed in my mind about the conventional world of medicine. 10 years of depression lifted in 4 days, it was thyroid all those years. But the MD wrote anti depression meds for 10 yrs.

I have no clue if a conventional MD ever would discuss COQ10, they know best to pull out the script pad and write away. I've started after the 2002 episode to seek out integrative MD's and found a whole new world. I could never go back as some friends try to get me to go to HMO's with my medicare and there is no way. Yes, I could save a little money but I would not get support that I now know.

It's pretty sad as I see it. Thinking about a friend who tells me about the 30 yrs of statins and all the neuropathy she deals with...she's now in a Lipitor class action suit. Her MD kept her on lipitor all those years and knew about all the neuropathy^^#$##

So, this is where I come from. The last traditional MD I saw was the ortho hip MD and I'm dealing with all that. So it's health groups I've been a member of and still am and friends and all the research I do on my own. C
caroline2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote