View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 11:57 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

David, I also have post laminectomy syndrome (failed back surgery. Dec 2nd will be 2 years since I had it. L-1 to L-5 fusion. My doctor had to reconstruct my lower spine due to the diagnosis.
I've been on pain meds, oxycodone, morphine & gabapentin oral since Before the surgery. About a year before. I think I'm over medicated.
Any way, a while back, I asked my PM doc about switching to a stimulator or pump. He suggested the stimulator. I had so many questions about, what if it didn't work? Can it be removed? What about the leads being removed, I heard that, that is difficult to do because tissue grows around them? He said yes, it can be removed because of the material they now use. I didn't go that route because you can Not have any MRI's due to the materials used.
I agree with English Dave pretty much because on oral meds I feel like I'm more in control.

As much as I want to get off these meds, they do Help. I've greatly reduced the gabapentin to half of what I was taking and when I see my doctor this Thursday, I am going to tell the doc to reduce the morphine so I can ween off it.

I don't see why you can't have the pump removed now if that's what you personally want to do. If your doctor says no and it's what your sure you want to do, then I'd find a new PM doctor.
That's why I asked my doc about removal of a stimulator.

I hope some how I was able to help.
God Bless you.
--------------------------------------
ACDF C4-5 & C5-6 Dec 2011
moonstar54 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (11-14-2015), eva5667faliure (11-14-2015), PamelaJune (11-13-2015)