View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 06:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Undiagnose for over 20 years

I started having MP when I was in the Air Force in the early 80's. Needless to say it was never diagnosed, and the doctors thought it was just a muscle strain. Every time I ran at full speed I would get a burning sensation in my left upper thigh that would last only a few minutes followed by 5 to 10 minutes of numbness. About 5 years ago I was playing softball and had the pain when I ran to 1st base. Then the numbness came and the feeling has never returned. It has been both a blessing and a curse. I haven't had the pain caused by exercise since. But I have had what I can only describe as phantom pain. On several occasions, I have been wakened up by extremely sharp pain in my thigh that is very short in duration but repeats every few seconds. On a few of those occasions, after about 5 minutes, I stated having muscle contractions in every muscle in my body. It seemed to me I was having convulsions. the muscle contractions kept happening every few seconds like clock-work even after the nerve pain stopped. The first time it happened I went to the doctor about 8 hours after it started. He gave me a drug used to treat panic disorders, and explained what was happening was sort of like hiccups. It stopped a few hours later. For the next few days every muscle in my body ached. I still get the phantom pain once in a while, but the severity has decreased to the tolerable level without the muscle contractions.
Has anyone here completely lost feeling from MP? Is there any treatment for it when it gets this far?
markec1962 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote