View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 06:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Donna,
Thanks for post, I am also sorry that some days you do not enjoy life as much as you used to! These big family experiences with alot of people around are very overwhelming and may just tip the healing brain over the edge. Sam does not like alot of big gatherings now with people he does not feel well. It is the multi tasking that flips him out. He has said to me alot. "I have enough going on right now, one more thing will be too much." He seems to be neurologically short of breath, so to speak. It is hard to know how much to push for positive outcomes and improvement and when to back off. Sometimes he needs me to push and encourage. He is better now and doing 2 to 3 hours of schoolwork make-up and increasing physical activity. He is around other adolescents more which helps morale. The kids are good kids and not experimenting with drugs and alcohol which is another worrry I have now that he is 16 and taking driver's education. He is a good boy and trying so very hard. I do not know a whole lot about your vestibular question but certainly see that Sam is much more prone to get "car sick" or dizzy and nausous post injury. I hope you have more good days than bad and wish you all the best with your recovery pursuit. Thanks for your continued interest in ours.
Nancy F is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote