View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 03:37 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink

Those are great!

Yes, the American stamps are in one of the books, I just bought.
Either Color and Light, or the Fantastic Realism book. Both are very similar in style and have many of his works in them.

I like watching him lay down the paint. He paints with watercolor like oil painters do. Watercolorists traditionally wash in the back grounds, first, but Gurney just twists his flat brush to fill in backgrounds. Normally gouache lifts if you try to paint over it.
Acrylic gouache (rather a new product), drys impervious to subsequent layers. Gurney tends to paint small also, which appeals to me, as I do too.

That toy maker/collector was really interesting too.

Thanks, Lara.

I try to watch a little bit each day, so my brain can digest the nuances, while I sleep. I find Gurney very prolific and he has now a huge body of work. Imagine being married to HIM? LOL

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (11-14-2015), Lara (11-10-2015)