View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 11:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Charcot Marie Tooth disease

[QUOTE=Dr anil maheshwari;1127790]I am a 62 years old male doctor (75 kgs) and since last 2 months i have weakness in both upper and lower extremities and last 1 month i have burning of both soles of feet and since 15 days i am having pin pricks randomly all over my body and unsteady gait....all my blood tests are normal and i am a hypertensive and diabetic for 10 years (but well controlled with medication). ......i am a practising general surgeon myself from mumbai-india and i have shown to many neurologists and they say it is due to diabetic neuropathy and musculopathy...but my S.creatinine is 0.9 and every year my HbA1c is between 6-7....i am confused ...so i need an expert neurologist to help me to a diagnosis.....Please help me.....and thanks for the help.[/QUOTE
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Doctor, I had these same symptoms. After nerve conduction tests and electromyography, I was diagnosed with Charcot Marie Tooth Disease. There are several types of this neuromuscular disorder. I'm waiting for genetic test results to find out the exact type I have. In my case, I know that the axons (inner core of nerve) are affected, and therefore, the muscles aren't getting the appropriate signals, or the signals are slowed, which causes muscle weakness, and the other symptoms you described. You can "Google" for more info, or check the Charcot Marie Tooth Association website. There are 17 Centers of Excellence for CMT (USA, Europe and in Australia). Blessings and good luck to you.
SusanM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (11-14-2015)