View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 02:21 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Having to try weight bearing so soon after surgery sounds a bit strange, but it does help promote bone growth. I was lucky to be living with my parents having full access to a private gym, my dad is a fitness nut, and be able to use a Total Gym set at a very low setting for initial weight bearing exercises. Not having access to that anymore, my PT has given some simple exercises to try such as bridging exercises... ...and sitting at the side of the bed/sofa and applying pressure as can be tolerated. I can understand the doctors concern about trying to apply pressure as soon as possible. Trying to get things to heal quick and get things moving again is one of the best ways to slow down the CRPS and control the pain a little better. I hope things start to go better for him and the doctors give you some answers as to what to do to help. I am sure they know the situation better than anyone else other than you and your son. Healing hugs go out to both you and your son

Sorry, the photo example of the bridging exercises was a little larger than I thought.

Alaina

Last edited by PurpleFoot721; 11-11-2015 at 02:45 PM.
PurpleFoot721 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (11-11-2015), Enna70 (11-12-2015), swimtime (11-11-2015)