Thread: Need help!
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 05:00 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Angels31,

Tooth #14 was infected since 2010 which had proliferated into the bone and into the sinus ... and #15 has been infected since on or before the day it was root canaled. Your ongoing symptoms indicate that antibiotics are not able to cure the problem.

As long as there is a physical reason for the infection to remain active, for instance infected tooth #15 and possibly the graft and sinus, the bacteria will continue to be infectious irrelevant of what antibiotics you take. Also with each additional antibiotic prescription you take you run the risk of acquiring an intestinal infection called Clostridium Difficile. This is a very debilitating infection that can take months to treat. Antibiotics are intended to be prescribed for very specific reasons and they cannot cure an infection when there is a physical reason for the infection to remain active.

It is normal to have soreness and minor swelling and discomfort 2 weeks post op oral surgery. However, your ongoing symptoms as you have stated them here are not normal healing post operative complaints. They are indicative of an ongoing infection. I'm sorry if I am repeating myself. I really don't know how else to explain it to you. If the oral surgeon seems uninterested in dealing with this infection, perhaps you should consult with someone else.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angels31 View Post
Bryanna,
How long do I have to wait after extracting #14 to get #15 extracted? It was two weeks yesterday and the area is quite sore still. Is this normal? Also, I have a little pain in my cheek and jaw. Is this normal also? It definitely still feels like there is an infection and it is affecting the whole left side of my face. I am taking Biaxin.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote