View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 07:50 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks for all the suggestions! The heater was a great idea. I did some gentle massage and (very) gentle range of motion to help him get it moving and looser, and he did a few pushes against my hand for pressure feedback. The ortho doctor said no stretching because it could pop the stitches. He's moving it around as much as he can tolerate and was able to sit with it on the floor a couple times today. Mostly right now the difficulty is simply the pain from the incisions. But there's no burning or stinging pain anywhere, so I'm very hopeful that the CRPS won't flare up. I added some extra strength tylenol to his post-surgery pain meds (after checking with the pharmacist for med interactions) and that seemed to help quite a bit. Third day post-op can be a bear. He'll be able to get in a pool in a couple weeks once the stitches are out, that should help too. As far as the "swiss cheese" factor, the fibula has 6 screw holes in it and the tibia has two. Given the narrowness of the fibula, I think that's the bigger concern for refracture.
swimtime is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (11-12-2015), Littlepaw (11-12-2015), PurpleFoot721 (11-11-2015)