Thread: Need help!
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 08:01 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default side of neck

Hi, Angels31! I am interested to hear what you decide. I was told today that I have an infection from a root canal that was done 18 years ago! I was never told of future complications or maybe I would have had it extracted then! This infection is now producing symptoms, including a sore throat on same side with a sometimes stuffy ear and soreness in my back The endodontist did not tell me I have the option of extraction, and I am reading that the procedure of going through the gum to get the infection out will probably not work. She told me an 80percent chance it won't. I am thinking of just having the extraction done by a good oral surgeon and getting a partial or an implant later bc it is a tooth in the back of my mouth...just feel like it is such a big decision and that everyone is out for the money!! I don't trust anyone to tell me the truth! Even some of the "biological" dentists who supposedly all think root canals are not wise will actually advertise in preserving the teeth through some sort of sterilization process of the root. I feel terrible too--thought it might be the antibiotics but it is possibly the infection! The endodontist said it has been there for a long time!

Keep posting! I am going to see my dentist on Friday but may get a second opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angels31 View Post
I definitely have an infection! Sorry if I seem dense, but all this dental stuff is new to me. You are right, the antibiotics make it feel a little better, but do not cure it. My oral surgeon did a panoramic X-ray and also a 3D x-ray and did not see any infection in #14. Wouldn't he be able to see it if there was an infection? He did think he saw infection in 15 but was not sure. I just put myself through a very bad experience this afternoon! After calling yesterday to make sure all the areas that you said should be included were in today's MRI, they told me they were. I found out that my neck was not included and it was just frontal face. They told me he was looking for trigeminal neuralgia. I know for a fact that this is not it! The guy doing the MRI was a complete jerk to me. I think I just wasted 270 dollars and my time on that! It is so frustrating. Meanwhile, I feel horrible. I have a follow up appointment on Monday with oral surgeon and I think I should just have him take #15 out! The whole left side of my face is hurting! I think it is originating in my tooth cause it feels weird. Even my neck is still swollen under my ear on the left side.
keggna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote