Thread: Need help!
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 08:30 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keggna View Post
Hi, Angels31! I am interested to hear what you decide. I was told today that I have an infection from a root canal that was done 18 years ago! I was never told of future complications or maybe I would have had it extracted then! This infection is now producing symptoms, including a sore throat on same side with a sometimes stuffy ear and soreness in my back The endodontist did not tell me I have the option of extraction, and I am reading that the procedure of going through the gum to get the infection out will probably not work. She told me an 80percent chance it won't. I am thinking of just having the extraction done by a good oral surgeon and getting a partial or an implant later bc it is a tooth in the back of my mouth...just feel like it is such a big decision and that everyone is out for the money!! I don't trust anyone to tell me the truth! Even some of the "biological" dentists who supposedly all think root canals are not wise will actually advertise in preserving the teeth through some sort of sterilization process of the root. I feel terrible too--thought it might be the antibiotics but it is possibly the infection! The endodontist said it has been there for a long time!

Keep posting! I am going to see my dentist on Friday but may get a second opinion.
Hi Keggna,
It is amazing how bad you feel with a tooth infection! I think Bryanna is right that there is still infection in there after a root canal. I find it very interesting how after having a sinus infection that started in March, I had problems with my teeth that had root canals. I think the infection sits there until something inflames it. I had a similar situation that happened in 2010 after a sinus infection also. I ended up getting two teeth pulled then too. I need to ask my dentist if they had root canals also. I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth then and now I have had 3 of them extracted. I think it is weird how I have teeth problems after a sinus infection. I wonder if that is normal? I will be getting an implant in tooth 14 but not 15. According to his office, my health insurance covers part of the implant. So check with your insurance, do your research on the oral surgeon. I didn't but he seems to be highly respected and his prices seem reasonable. My neighbor went to one of the people who advertises on TV and paid twice as much!
Angels31 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote