View Single Post
Old 11-12-2015, 01:36 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
Dear DejaVu,

Thanks so much for your post. I have known my PCP for 35 years. Since he started using an electronic medical record, I feel like I am ignored. I sit on the exam table and he interacts with the computer, NOT me. He is so busy going through all the different screens, just checking off this and that, that I might as well not even be there. Oh, eventually, he finally leaves the computer and does an exam, but he appears to be much more interested in whatever is on that darn computer than what is wrong with ME.

This is so out of character for this physician. I have known him way too long. This has changed him so much and how he practices medicine. Even if he is the same in his head, the perception is that I am being ignored. I don't appreciate sitting there looking at his back while he is busy looking at a computer screen.

Even the demographics change when they hit the wrong box on the screen. Females become males and vice versa by the slip of the mouse. Widows become divorced.

The only thing that they seem to enter correctly is my weight and I wish they would hit a lower number for the middle digit. Why can't they make a mistake where I would appreciate it?

Types & Erases... Types again and Erases... Types again.. and ahhhh errrr ERASES... *GULP.... (RUNS And Hides) Just looks at the ending question and stares from a galaxy far far away!
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (11-14-2015)