View Single Post
Old 11-12-2015, 08:23 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Aha, thanks for the information about "incidentalomas". When I used it for weird stuff found on tests, it felt a bit 'familiar'.

I'll have to come up with a different term!

Accidenta-something? hmmm, I'll have think about it.

I'm not worried about my DNA getting sold and used for other purposes. I assume the DNA banking company is ethical...but of course you never know.

And my DNA will be in a blood sample, not actually tested and verified. My DNA could be explored from a good hair sample I guess....or more likely from my blood samples stolen from one of the major testing labs. But it still has to be sequenced, of course, which is expensive.

My Immunologist has already entered a great deal of genetic information into her study of people with my Immune Deficiency (CVID)

I imagine people after DNA information would like for it to be already actually sequenced. This lab just stores my blood after I'm long gone, in case some member of my family, that I give 'rights' to, wants to pay for a lab to sequence the genetic information, perhaps using techniques and information not currently available.

Hugs Elaine
ElaineD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (11-14-2015)