View Single Post
Old 11-12-2015, 05:51 PM
Magnate

8 yr Member
Magnate

8 yr Member
Cool Smirk

Hi indigo,

Lara has made many practical suggestions and Hope has beaten me to what I would say - by reaching out here you have gained the ear and support of the Community we all belong to. That small connection can mean the World when all you feel is emptiness and despair. It may not be the physical help, nor the answers, you desperately need, but know that you are not alone, nor will you ever be alone as long as you come here.

I understand the frustrations, the inability to function, the isolation. Even though I have family and my Ex in my life I can go weeks without an adult conversation. Disabilities, by their nature, are isolating at some level to many of us, being geographically isolated as well makes things much harder. I live in a rural area and since the brain lesion which caused the vision problems that stopped me driving, I have felt stuck. My Depression has worsened in line with this.

My release is struggling to read and reply, where I can, here on NT. The acts of thinking and Posting have done more for me than my last 2 Therapists. Please try to alleviate your mental issues, in the interim, by talking to us - you really should pursue Therapy as an option. As for the physical side, try to follow Lara's suggestions.

Wishing you comfort and ease,

Dave.
To the shapes we now possess.

The Sage - Emerson, Lake & Palmer.
EnglishDave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (11-14-2015), eva5667faliure (11-13-2015), indigo (11-12-2015), Kitty (11-12-2015), Lara (11-12-2015), Littlepaw (11-12-2015), mrsD (11-12-2015), PamelaJune (11-13-2015), vintagewine (11-13-2015)