View Single Post
Old 11-12-2015, 06:17 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default tooth pulled and 5mm hole in sinus cavity

The beginning of August I was told I needed #3 and #2 tooth pulled because of a cavity. Stupid me went to the dental practice at the mall. The dentist was rougher than I have ever experienced and I felt like i was on an assembly line. I was not told that she had created a hole in the sinus cavity. I came back in a week and was then told that i had a hole. Of course I already knew this because when I drank anything it would pour out my nose. For the next 3 weeks I keep going back for appointments and she would try to pack the hole. Of course nothing would stay in the hole as it was so large. She then decided to do a bone graft which absolutely did not work and was nothing like the bone graft that my oral surgeon did. The packing again came out on the way home. She tried to fill it with the packing again but of course it did not work. She then suggested I go to an oral surgeon which I did. He was horrified after looking at it and told me the problem should have been taken care of when the tooth was pulled. He told me that after surgery, it would take 9 months to heal. I have been living on hydrocodone for the last month for pain and sinus headaches. The tooth next to the hole hurt and can be wiggled. I was told the hole was 5mm. Fortunately My oral surgeon knows what he is doing and I am slowly getting better but I am angry with the first dentist. She should have sent me to to an oral surgeon to have the extractions done as they were the last 2 teeth in my upper jaw. Then after the extractions she messed it all up. To me this is not good dentistry. Is this what you would call a good standard of dentistry?
smeggy3450 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote